Monday 19 January 2009

Hello and Happy New Year!

Well it's a bit late, but Happy New Year to everybody!

It's been a while since I posted, but after getting back to England I needed a break from everything that had happened the last few months and to concentrate on Hans and my home and getting settled back into my routines! I shall be catching up on my friends blogs (had a holiday from those too, sorry!)

It's getting there now, and Bergen sometimes feels like a dream - I have mixed feelings - I miss Norway generally (but then I always do!) and I really, really miss the friends I made sooo much - but I don't miss living at Fantoft (I have even had nightmares that I am back in that room!) and to be honest I am not missing the school yet - in fact I am really looking forward to getting back to uni next Monday and seeing all my friends and my more familiar teachers. Anyway, I shall save this stuff for a proper post reflecting on the experience - I have a feeling that over time and the more I get settled back into things here my feelings on the exchange will change... we shall see. I really miss the internet connection speed though. ALOT.

So, I have changed the name of the blog from 'Lost in Translations' to 'There and Back Again' which is apt, since I have been there and am now back again... and it is also part of the name of Bilbos book in Lord of The Rings. Ha ha, still a geek. I changed the name because I feel that the blog itself has changed - I focussed before specifically on the exchange and now it will be more general - about my life and studies and learning the language and hopefully a way to keep updated and in contact with my friends in the North, as well as friends here and any other person who happens to find this interesting!

So again, happy new year!

1 comment:

Tanith said...

Happy New Years Becks, glad to see that your back! Thank you for your offer, I'll think it over and get back to you!

Owh, before I forget: we do not have a date yet, but thinking about about it though!