Monday 2 February 2009

This is England!

I think I brought a little bit of weather back from Norway (well, hardly in comparison) but I have really started to miss being in Norway, so the recent wonderful weather here has been somewhat of a comfort; (or as the newspapers are putting it, the worst snowfall to blight England in 18 years!)

I decided to take a slow walk home from uni today (yes I am back at uni now!) so took a few pics to upload as it is a bit of a rare occurance - to be honest it's not a particularly large amount of snow in the city - but some parts of the country - particularly rural England - have LOTS of snow - it's still going too and apparantly will be with us for a few days...


The view from our apartment

Derby University
Broadway


I am really missing Norway though, I sometimes wish we could just go back there now (together!) but it's not the right time... I am missing everyone, especially Anita, Maria and her family (and the cats!) it will be so nice when I get to see them again. I am pleased to be back at my university though - it's such a great experience to be on an exchange programme but I do prefer the style of learning more here - I guess I will talk more about that as the semester goes on!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

I'm so loving the snow!!! It's been that bad that Phil was sent home early from work :)

Unknown said...

bet he was gutted :P

Tanith said...

Snow! To bad it did not last for to long, some say it is going to snow again tomorrow and other weatherman says its over, just cold. Glad your liknig uni!

Anonymous said...

Hei Becky!
Jeg og Anita savner deg også!
Her i Bergen er det mye snø og -6 grader, en kaffe mocca (fra Cera)er god å varme seg på i kulden!:)

Stor klem fra Maria