Wednesday 6 August 2008

Everything will be fine!

I sometimes forget how other people will feel about this exchange trip and I feel quite selfish for thinking only of myself!

I remember when I was first considering the whole thing, I kept checking with Hans over and over about how he would feel and what his opinions were. He just kept saying ‘of course he would miss me, but if it’s what I really wanted to do he would support me’ and that he could see the advantages of doing an exchange in Norway, especially if we do end up moving there (which we probably will at some point) I know I’m so lucky to have someone as supportive and understanding as him. I honestly wouldn’t be doing this right now if it wasn’t for his support, so I owe him a lot. He knows it would be the same the other way around though, and I just hope that if we are ever in a similar situation that I am as generous and kind as him.




I didn’t really think about how it would affect him though, I thought mostly of how I would cope and how much I would miss him – I remember talking to a friend about it and she said that actually it would probably be harder for him; I will be in a totally new place, being very busy and making new friends, and he will come back here alone and be back in our home, in our bed, doing all the things we normally do together but on his own. It does make me sad to think about it, but he’ll be ok. He has some really good friend that I know will support him, and he will throw himself into training.

It will be ok. It will be fine, I will be fine, we will be fine - and in 6 months from now I’ll be back home, reflecting on what a fantastic experience it was and how much I’m missing it! But the best thing will be that I’ll be doing it back here and cuddled up to Hans! Awww!

2 comments:

Lorna Simpson said...

You will be fine! Of course you will miss each other, but this is such a fantastic opportunity for you. I wish had the chance to do something like this, but those beautiful nieces of yours came along instead :-)I hope you get so much from this trip, and i'm looking forward to hearing all about it.

I think it is harder for the ones left behind like you say, but i'm sure Hans will be fine if he keeps busy like he does and spends time with friends.

Anyway, Rob and I are both only at the end of a computer for you and for Hans, even Abigail has an email account lol

x x x

Drew said...

I've never had a call from Hans Home telephone before & thats why I was a bit strange when I answered. Was wondering who the hell would be calling me & what I had forgotten to do! Your'll have to talk to Ian about a cheap net based number maybe so you can talk to your beloved for cheap.

Laters & looking forward to tales of your adventure in Norland... 'Here be Dragons'