Sunday 10 August 2008

Many partings and fond farewells!

Aw, the last 2 days have been busy. Good, but busy! I intended on posting last night but I ended up getting a migraine. To be fair the day was quite stressful, I met my mum and sister in the morning and it was the first time in 2 and a half years I had seen my mum so it was a little awkward. It was ok though. Considering...

ANYWAY, then we went for a BBQ with Hans' work (he works for a games company so there were ALOT of people there) that was ok too, met a couple of nice people, but the burgers were the foulest of foulness! I don't really like or eat burgers anyway though, much prefer veggie burgers! Then we went into town and met my brother and sister-in-law (and my neices) for a coffee. That was the best part of the day, but I think everyone was so tired by then and my head was starting to pound. I knew it was a migraine as it starts to come behind my eyes first and I begin to feel sick, and I nearly always get it on the left side. I never used to get them at all, now I reckon I have had about 5 or 6 in the last year. I hate them!!!
















Rob, Lorna and their gorgeous family!

Anyway, it was really nice seeing Rob and the family. I'm going to miss them so much when I go, but it's all part of the experience I guess. I'm just glad I saw them again before I leave. It was really sad to walk away at the end, Hans bought Abbie a magnum from the icecream vending machine in the car park, which she loved! Then as we were driving home, they appeared in the car behind us for a bit of the way which was quite funny - we were waving and grinning like madmen in the car, and then realised afterwards that all of the other drivers probably thought we were randomly waving at everyone that drove past!

So we got home and Hans had to leave pretty much straight away to go to training, I thought I would get some ironing and more packing done, but my headache just exploded and I kind of passed out in the lounge! it was too late to get any migraine pills from anywhere so I just had to suck it up - after that I really can't remember much of the night :-( not good for our last Friday night at home together - when Hans got in we ate some food, and then I just conked out again until this morning.



Me and some of the guys at MMA...

Today was good too, I had my last session training at the MMA (mixed martial arts) class and said goodbye to all the guys! then we had some cake afterwards (probably undoing all of the good training had just done us!) It was nice, all the guys at class are friends and I'll miss the class too. There is a pretty good gym actually within the student complex I'll be staying in, so I'll be able to train alot there which I am looking forward too - Hans has also found me a good Thai Boxing Gym (that also traing boxing) and it's pretty cheap (unlike the damn gym here!) so hopefully I'll be able to train as much (if not more) than I do here.

Then we just came home, fully intending to do nothing but relax together (and blog!!) and we made our favourite romantic meal - tacos! mmmm, with pork mince and emmental cheese - my very favourite. We made a solemn vow that neither of us would (ch)eat on each other (meaning we would eat tacos with no-one else while we are apart) as it's 'our thing' we do together, and as silly as it sounds it just wouldn't be right to eat tacos without being together!

I got a text from Hans mum this morning too, asking 'if I had finished packing, and that it was getting a little cold in Norway'. She also said she was 'looking forward to seeing us', and that made it feel a litle more real and exciting! I'm still only thinking about the 'holiday' week with Hans family though, I still can't comprehend staying behind on my own and going to uni there - EEK! Anyway, I replied and told her that I would bring some thick jumpers (skal bringe noen tykke genser) and that I was glad it's colder now, because det har vært for varmt for meg (it has been too warm for me!)

Well, we've had our nice evening in together, and that brings me up to date I think. I have missed out alot, and waffled I guess, but just because the last 2 days have been a blur and my head is probably not 100% straight yet! I'm going to go and relax with my angel a little more before bed, and tomorrow is Sunday so maybe we'll treat ourselves to a nice lie-in ;-)

Bye! xxx





6 comments:

Lorna Simpson said...

That has to be the only picture we have of the 5 of us, but it is also hideous lol. We all look terrible apart from Betsy!

The longest goodbye was very funny :-)

Sorry about the migraine, hope you are feeling better now and enjoying spending your last few days together

xxx

Unknown said...

you don't look hideous - you just look tired! we all were I think :-) if I get time I'll do a really fake photoshop version and swap it over lol!
just kidding - ur all beautiful!
xxx

Lorna Simpson said...

It is hideous, we all have our eyes have closed lol, not tiredness hehe. Yes, please photoshop us all into beautiful people :-D

Hannah said...

My god, you have been busy:) Have you been given any advice/help on dealing with the migraines? They always do seem to come on at the worst times.xx

Unknown said...

Not really - they seem to only come on when I am busy and stressed like you said! Normally migraleve does the trick but couldn't get any as was either too busy or too late. Do you have any advice?
x

Hannah said...

Hi Becky, I've e-mailed you a few tips that i've found for migraines over the past few years. hope they help!!