Saturday 11 October 2008

God bless the NHS / My animation so far - UPDATE!!!

It was a pretty eventful day yesterday!

I love Trivium by the way.

I guess a good place to start is that I am not crazy! I have been feeling so tired and down and generally unwell the last 2 weeks - I have been unable to wake in the mornings despite going to bed earlier and I have been looking more and more like a piece of poop everyday. Every time I tried to go to the gym after 5 minutes I looked like I was working out in a sauna (tried to convince myself it was the elevation but I knew it wasn't!!) my body was trying to sweat something nasty out - I even had a word with my head tutor wednesday and told her I felt like I wasn't making the most of this and maybe I am not coping with the pressure - I mean I definately felt like that this week. The last few dys (starting really last weekend at Marias) I have been having pretty bad lower stomach pains on and off - so the started to worry more about what was wrong. Yesterday the pain got worse again so I ended up taking myself off to the emergency doctors (turns out it's pretty much like A&E) in England. Anyway after waiting 4 hours I was seen by a doctor who seemed to know what the problem was pretty fast - they did a couple of tests and turns out I have a pretty nasty infection (UTI) that had started to get into my Kidneys :O So, no wonder I have not been myself! I have to take antibiotics for a week, but I should be feeling myself after a few days - I am glad that I know whats wrong now and I'm on the way to fixing it...

The consultation / diagnosis cost about £25 and then I had to pay about another £13 for the prescription (or as people here call it when they talk to me in english 'a recipe' which is such a cute way of putting it I may start saying it myself; 'well the doctor didn't know what was wrong - but he did give me a lovely recipe...') I also payed my rent and utilities yesterday so turned out to be an expensive day! So, I shall certainly appreciate the NHS benefits when I am back in England - although the doctors and the treatment here was very good (and thorough too - no 'take paracetomol and come back in a week if you don't feel any better')

Anyway - I still feel crappy but I started taking my meds last night so hopefully by the end of the weekend I will be myself again. I am going to relax this weekend and not do anything apart from work on my animation, which is fortunately not very taxing)

Speaking of which, here is a clip of the animation so far - it's come on alot from the photos but there is still alot to do - I have lots of fine tuning, bits to change and the ending yet to do - but I shall leave the ending as a suprise.



To end on a happier note, Maria said yesterday that all of the family really liked having me there at the weekend - that was a such a nice thing to say and made me very happy! and the feeling was more than mutual - like I have said before it's a lovely place to be! Tusen takk, Maria!

I have a really strong urge to watch Lord of The Rings (pt1)

x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure to relax and take care of yourself, as I can't be there and do it for you. And do wake up properly before you take your meds, so there is no confusion;) I know how easily it is to misread 'ibuprofen' for 'antibiotics' in that sleepy morning haze. I'll make it up to you when you're back for your hols.

GID! Mwah! xXx

Hannah said...

trivium are awesome! Your animation is looking really good, can't wait to see the end.
I'm glad you finally know whats wrong, and that you'll be better in time to come home! Look after yourself xxx

bildungsroman said...

Ha Ha Ha...I like your animation...it made me laugh - which is something I don't do very often. I'm sure you had lots of fun indulging in such frollicks...(I think that's how you spell it) I best of all really like the bird...that made me laugh the mostest.

xx