Thursday 15 May 2014

All Steam Ahead!

So we are still going, it's definitely happening! I have changed my blog description now as it previously read 'My ramblings following my return from Norway and of my continued efforts to get back there...amongst many other things!'. This doesn't exactly apply now, but hopefully the new description will serve.

It appears almost all of my photos have disappeared from my older blog posts, this makes me sad and I did consider starting a whole new blog. But instead I will just replace what I can over time and delete the rest - this blog means a lot to me (I wrote it during an important part of my life) and I don't want to give it up. I think I deleted a 'picassa' album on my phone (not realising it was my blog pictures!) so it's sort of my own fault - I had no idea that would happen.

Anyway...

Hans is flying to Norway in 3 weeks time to get us settled. I think I'm lucky in the sense that although I am moving abroad, Hans really is just going home, so many of things will be easier; we have somewhere to stay initially whilst we find our feet, have family there, etc... I will be sad though to not see Hans for 2 months, but it's all for a good cause.

I've handed in my notice at work too, so no turning back (not that I would!) My last day at work is 4th July 2015. I plan to leave the flat where we live now around the same time and visit family. My sister is getting married at the end of July, so after the lovely event I will go to join Hans.

I can't believe my (not so) little sister is getting married :)

My little sister, Ruth x

No comments: