Friday 24 October 2008

Home at last... temporarily

It's so amazing to be home! I missed Hans so so much - even more than I realised.

The whole day travelling from Bergen seemed strange - I felt like I was in a dream... I got to the airport over 3 hours before my flight left (just in case) and I bought a book and kind of just got lost in that. The flight was ok - I was very nervous with it being the first time I had flown alone but I am proud of myself for doing it and hoping maybe this will help me be less scared in future.

Anyway, my wonderful and kind friends Phil and Hannah picked me up from the airport; the journey took about 3 or 3 1/2 hours but it went much faster - it was really good to see them again and talk.

When I arrived home it was the weirdest feeling - it felt so familiar yet so alien - again like I was walking in a dream - it was pretty late and I took the lift up to the 4th floor of the apartments where we live (for a brief moment I worried I wouldn't remeber but my fingers knew the pattern they should make) I finally arrived and knocked on the door.... Hans opened the door slowly and so many things just hit me at once (not Hans though, fortunately) The sight of Hans, the warmth of our flat and the wonderfully comforting smell of my own home; I missed that so much - the smell that is so specific to each person and their home. Strange but true.

I got in the doorway and dropped my bags and we just held each other for ages! Then (as planned) we made some food, Hans had bought me some wine too and we just sat and cuddled up and watched the UFC together and pretended the last 2 and a half months hadn't even happened.

It was beautiful.

We spent the next day just relaxing and eating and watching TV, and yesterday we did pretty much the same and then went to Phil and Hannah's for a wonderful chilli that Phil cooked and we just relaxed and had a laugh... such a good time.

I have plans to see a few more friends and some family before I go back - it will all be good fun I am sure, but I will be enjoying it as much as I can so may not post much! I find that I dont want to think about going home at all, in alot of ways I wish it was over and I could stay with Hans now. I miss Bergen and the friends I have made, but I want to only go back with Hans! Oh well, I am sure it'll be worth it in the end and I shall be glad I have done it...

....I hope so!

No comments: