Thursday 2 October 2008

Work for Spans Stitches

The last couple of days (on top of everything else) I have been working on some 'emergency' business cards for my friend Hannah; she has not long set up shop, selling her wares on www.folksy.com/shops/span1 - as I have mentioned before she makes really beautiful handmade accessories such as bags, doorstops, stress heat pack things (?) I don't know what they're called!

Anyway, she had the opportunity to send some business cards and samples to London I think, and as she has only just set up she didn't have cards, or even a logo really - so I helped her out;




This is the logo, and the business cards which I think work really well for what she needs; an accessible, warm and handmade look.

I found a really excellent tutorial which gave me some great ideas for the stitch effect on the logo too, so all in all I was please with how a full days work turned out - and more to the point, Hannah is chuffed to bits :)

3 comments:

Hannah said...

yeah I am:) I'm so glad I have you for a friend Bek!(not just because of this:)) My cards look ace and I'm sooooo happy with the logo THANK YOU!!!
(They're called wheat bags by the way;))

Anonymous said...

I second that. Well done sweety!
Top marks all around.

Gid! X

Drew said...

Errr... I feel a bit like an opportunistic fool but what the hell.

Long story short is that my brother (Dave the plumber) has just had his firm shutdown & they
shafted him on wages. His Mate/Mentor & him are setting up on their own as a new outfit.
[Which is called "Prospect Plumbing & Heating Engineers"]

Trouble is, all this has to be done on a shoe string as it wasn't planned for. I'll take it as a big favor if you could help me/him out by doing a Business Card for him???
There is much Cheesecake/Wine/Toys if you can.

Anyway drop us an Email if you think you may have time to help me out & I'll hammer out the details. I know your rushed off you feet as is so I know this is a lot to ask!

Laters

Andi Scarr