OK, I have been tagged by L-Jay from mylittlenorway.com! I am not really sure what it is, but as she kindly took the time to tag me I will do my best to reply!
I think I will try and write a mixture of things - both about my experiences here in Norway and also little things about me! I have no idea what to put so far... I shall go and make a hot chocolate and mull it over....
.... ok here goes
- I read The Lord of The Rings at least once a year and watch the films probably 2 or 3 times (and yes, I still cry every time Gandalf 'dies' - even though I know he comes back later on)
- I don't understand the difference between the seemingly billions of different kinds of Norwegian Bread... so I just buy the cheapest.
- I knew I would marry Hans the moment I first saw him - a story for another time but one I will never forget!
- I am really terrified of flying and spend the whole time in the plane convinced that I am going to die.
- Since I have been in Norway I have studied my Norwegian books properly around twice - one of the main reasons I am here is to get better at the language and I have really been slack with it. It's just SOOOO tiring listening to people speak Norwegian all day - it really takes it out of you - the last thing I want to do when I get home at the end of the day is read Norwegian.
- I forget everybodies names and everybodies birthdays. I really am terrible with things like that - I am forever forgetting names, calling people the wrong names and I am the WORST person I know with birthdays. I annoyed my brother Josh when he came to stay for the weekend by calling him Ryan the whole time (the name of another brother) I dont even remember my age alot of the time - seriously. I have to ask Hans.
- I am not as independant as I thought I was - this exchange trip to Norway has made me realise alot of things about myself. I think I am better at being alone than alot of people, but I am not as good as I thought I would be. The first few weeks after Hans left were so hard to bear that I almost folded.
- I am scared of being in love. Although it is the best thing that has happened to me and I have never been happier - I am terrified of how vulnerable you can feel sometimes when you are in love. Enough said - anyone who has ever been in love will know what I mean.
- I talk to myself. Alot. I talk to my laptop, the TV,animals, the weather outside (yes the weather) I also argue with myself. No I don't. Yes I do. (Ha ha couldn't resist)
- I am shy. I have always been shy; I can remember hiding under tables when I was little...its a bad thing alot of the time - especially here sometimes I miss opportunities to speak Norwegian or talk to people or make new friends because I am shy.
- I have been training MMA for over 2 years and I am still not very good at it (the memory thing again)
- At least once a day I wonder 'what is out there?' I am not currently practicing any religion (I was brought up Christian, christened and baptised) but i wonder about it every day and I get scared in case I'm wrong.
- I have a minor obsession with Zombies (and one of the reasons I love Hans is because he does too!)
- I feel ignored sometimes in Norway - hence the blog name! I feel like an alien...
- And finally, I deleted loads of things that I wrote down because I realised - I was afraid to admit them!
I shall tag Hannah at Spans Stitchin - a friend of mine who has recently begun crafting and has a lovely blog documenting her progress!
Its nearly 04:30! Oh dear, goodnight