Wednesday 19 November 2008

I love Norway

You know it's only 29 days today until I see Hans again - I am looking forward to it so much I can't even begin to describe it!

But I have been realising, the last few weeks (since I got back from my trip home really) I have been loving it here more and more and although I can't wait to see Hans I am also a little sad to be leaving. As in Norway in general - I hate leaving every time... I think its because I am over the half way mark (very much over it now) and it feels less like something I have to do and I am remembering all of the reasons why I wanted to do this in the first place... because I love it here! I will miss Bergen, miss my new friends, miss the cold, crisp air, miss the school even! I haven't gotten to know all of my classmates as well as I should like (as everyone is so shy - including me!) but I will miss them all too. There is still another month to go though so I guess this is a little premature! so,

I wont miss Fantoft though, or the explosions, they are some of the few things I will scratch from my memory immediately! I think I am boring my friends to death by saying over and over again that if Hans was here I wouldn't want to leave (I guessed that when my friend Anita finished my sentence the other day!!!) Also I have begun panicking that I only have 29 days to become fluent in Norwegian (yeah right) so I told my friends today they can be strict with me from now on when I say things arse backwards... and also from now on will try and only speak to them in Norwegian (which should be fun!) and stressful maybe... for all involved!

Anyway just a short post to let you know how I am feeling at this moment in time. I have been so busy with uni that I haven't the capacity to write my usual essays! I finsihed the book design course which I got good feedback for (but the pictures will be too big to get on here) and now am working on 'Redaksjonell Design' which I think is editorial design... I have a great idea I am working on for a fighter magazine, and the teacher seemed to be very interested in the originality and also how I will solve the problems of addressing so many stereotypes within the design... more details to come!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll be back ;)
---
On a completely unrelated note, I was scouring the interwebs for random documentaries this morning. And found one on Fantoft, the church.. And the twat who burned it down. I shall keep you posted.

T minus 29
Gid! xXx

Unknown said...

i know we will be back

it was the Burzum guy wasn't it?

same guy that stabbed people...

i cant handle wine anymore

xxx

GID også

Anonymous said...

Nope, not _that_ church. Lead singer dude of Gorgoroth. Close, but no cigar :)

Gid more! x

Unknown said...

ahhh... then the tour guide at the kirke was telling porky pies!!!

x

Tanith said...

Hi Becky! I think it is more then time to leave you a comment for once! I love your blog, I almost caught up with everything, I am now starting on November haha!

Norway is indeed beautiful and I really admire you for doing this exchange course! Moving to England is easy as is nearly the easiest language to learn, plus my English was near perfection already before I moved haha.

Hardly knowing the language and not knowing anyone at all where you moved is really something, you should be very proud of yourself for doing this, making friends, speaking the language and basically, integrate! I enjoy reading your blog very much, as soon as I am fully up to date I will post a few more comments on your recent entries here and there!

Good luck in Norway!