Wednesday, 19 November 2008

I love Norway

You know it's only 29 days today until I see Hans again - I am looking forward to it so much I can't even begin to describe it!

But I have been realising, the last few weeks (since I got back from my trip home really) I have been loving it here more and more and although I can't wait to see Hans I am also a little sad to be leaving. As in Norway in general - I hate leaving every time... I think its because I am over the half way mark (very much over it now) and it feels less like something I have to do and I am remembering all of the reasons why I wanted to do this in the first place... because I love it here! I will miss Bergen, miss my new friends, miss the cold, crisp air, miss the school even! I haven't gotten to know all of my classmates as well as I should like (as everyone is so shy - including me!) but I will miss them all too. There is still another month to go though so I guess this is a little premature! so,

I wont miss Fantoft though, or the explosions, they are some of the few things I will scratch from my memory immediately! I think I am boring my friends to death by saying over and over again that if Hans was here I wouldn't want to leave (I guessed that when my friend Anita finished my sentence the other day!!!) Also I have begun panicking that I only have 29 days to become fluent in Norwegian (yeah right) so I told my friends today they can be strict with me from now on when I say things arse backwards... and also from now on will try and only speak to them in Norwegian (which should be fun!) and stressful maybe... for all involved!

Anyway just a short post to let you know how I am feeling at this moment in time. I have been so busy with uni that I haven't the capacity to write my usual essays! I finsihed the book design course which I got good feedback for (but the pictures will be too big to get on here) and now am working on 'Redaksjonell Design' which I think is editorial design... I have a great idea I am working on for a fighter magazine, and the teacher seemed to be very interested in the originality and also how I will solve the problems of addressing so many stereotypes within the design... more details to come!!!
Post a Comment