Wednesday 5 November 2008

It's good to have great friends...

Especially old friends that you have had for years! Friendships are like alot of things - they come and go sadly, but there are always 1 or 2 people you hope to know for your whole life - I am working away right now and trying to write my 'oppgave' (it's sort of like a statement to justify my work) For a moments respite, I wrote to Hannah on MSN and the conversation made me laugh out loud to myself so I had to share it;

ME: "i cant believe i am writing about ecological gardening in norway in the 1980s! If you told me that 6 years ago I would have handed you another hallucinogenic cocktail"
HANNAH: "mate, i'm crocheting a pair of 1980's legwarmers with some foul green yarn someone has given me - for my sister, and yes she will wear them"
ME: "What happened to us?!"
HANNAH "I know!!"
ME: "...those funky rock chicks drinking black russians; me jumping around to Fear Factory - you prancing about to Guns'N'Roses..."
HANNAH: "I think I would still do that now!"
ME: "Me too... would take a couple of black russians though - and a hallucinogenic cocktail"
HANNAH: "I banned Phil from making cocktails after he made a foul one one new years eve with a pickled onion in it - made him sick all the next day, i'd never known him to be sick with a hangover before..."

Ha ha! the good old days - in all serious though, it's great to reminicse; as well as making you smile it makes you realise just how far you have come - even if you are not exactly where you want to be right now (or more to the point, not with who you want to be with)

Thanks for all the good times, Hannah and Phil - we had such a laugh!

x

4 comments:

Sharon J said...

My partying days were during the 80s and have some fantastic memories. I wasn't doing any organic gardening though. In fact, I don't think I'd ven heard of it back then. Even when it didn't snow until Easter one year (1989) I don't remember anybody thinking about climate change or anything like that.

Hannah said...

What do we sound like?!? LOL! Those times were good, but I'm really glad I've got to know you without alcohol involved :)xxx

Anonymous said...

Ah - the 80's! They were so daggy! ;)

Unknown said...

I remember the 80's too... just maybe from a slightly different perspective. I had my Boy George T Shirt and my favourite songs were Karma Chameleon and Nellie the Elephant!

Haha