I went to my school and classroom today - it's pretty small! In the the whole art school there are only 300 pupils - in all years (including masters) so it's not as scary as it could have been I guess! Like I said before I am the only exchange student on my the Visual Communication course, so in a way it will throw me in the deep end, but that will be good for me I think. There are also only 1 or 2 other girls in my class!
Anyway, I spent a little time with two of my tutors afterwards, and we went through the courses I could register on, and I have decided on the following so far;
- 1 week course in Design Metodikk (design methodoligy) I just need to confirm this with the tutor as it is a week of lectures and tutorials ONLY in Norwegian (and although I don't mind) I would need an english summary!
- 2 week project in Rom (room or space): studying form, colour and function (and working in collaboration with the furniture and interior designers)
- 4 week project in Bevegelig Graffik - vignett (motion graphics) - using after effects I think. Should be very intersting. I think we make a 15 minute vignette which will be broadcast... scary
- 2 week project in Typografi - bokdesign (a Typography project studying book design) I'm really looking forward to this one, I like typography (I'll be designing boker, Hans! ha ha ha!!!)
- 5 week project in Redaksjonell Design (Editorial design) This again will be really good as I haven't studied this area before and it'll really benefit my work beack home. The forst 3 weeks will be studying the print side of it, and the last 2 weeks studying web.
All in all, today has been ok - one of the best days I have had emotionally since Hans left - I woke up a bit sad again, but not long into the day I got a text from Hans and then later on another one and they cheered me up loads, and I'm really looking forward to speaking to him tonight! Also, Ida - the girl I went to the mountains with on Sunday - has invited me to her house for tea on Thursday which is nice - she is making home made sushi (she loves the stuff, talks about it as much as I talk about coffee)
Oh, COFFEE!!!! I haven't had one since I got in, been writing my blog and talking to my brother Rob (he bought a webcam now YAY!!! I saw Rob and Lorna and 2 of my gorgeous neices!)
Anyway, I am going to get a coffee and wait for Hans to call! Hopefully getting an early night tonight as I am exhausted!